Call 205.731.2000 or 205.937.4154MAKE AN INQUIRY

Our Team

E. H. Ballard, MD

Having been constructed as a family residence and medical office in 1940 by Dr. Edward Ballard, a successful African-American Birmingham physician, the Ballard House was situated among a host of thriving, Black businesses throughout this Birmingham, Alabama, community enclave. The existing structure was built by Leroy S. Gaillard, an African-American contractor, upon the foundation of the family’s former home and medical office.

The Ballard family’s former live-work residence, existing on the same property foundation. Built between 1899 and 1915, it was owned by other families before it became the live-work residence of Dr. and Mrs. Ballard in the late 1920’s.